or your convenience, we have compiled a list of advertisement protocols to aid you in sending your advertisement to West Indies Publishing.
Preferred Formats: (in order of preference)
- PDF files (all used images CMYK and at least 300dpi, all fonts embedded; PDF made with "Press" settings)
- TIFF files (CMYK, 300 dpi or higher)
- EPS files (all images and fonts embedded, all images CMYK)
- Quark XPress files (with all images included, Macintosh versions of all fonts included)
- JPEG files (CMYK, 300 dpi or higher, compression must be set to highest quality or "no compression" setting. Most people compress these too much which looks bad when printed, if they don't understand the compression settings, don't let them send a JPEG - send a TIFF.)
- Microsoft Word files (these can only be used as guidelines, they will not print and we cannot match them exactly)
- Microsoft Publisher files (we can't even open these to see what they look like. Export a PDF or TIFF file instead)
- Adobe PageMaker files (we can't even open these to see what they look like. Export an EPS or TIFF file instead)
- Adobe InDesign files (we can't even open these to see what they look like. Export an EPS or TIFF file instead)
- Faxes, photocopies (including color photocopies and Kodak Picture Maker copies, we can't print these at acceptable quality)
- Business cards, brochures, other magazines (we can't print anything already printed at acceptable quality)
- Computer print-outs (we can't print these at acceptable quality, send the original file in one of the preferred formats)
1. If prepared on CD or Zip disc send by courier to:
Alison Archer: West Indies Publishing Ltd.
Suite 3 Jasmine Court
Friars Hill Road
St John's Antigua
Tel: (268) 461 0565 Fax: (268) 461 9750
Please advise by Email Airway Bill Number to both addresses below.
E-mail: [email protected] and [email protected]
2. If prepared electronically ad material should be emailed to:
[email protected] or [email protected]
Please state clearly the name of the publication and also the name of your advertisement.